Not that Larry Page need to lose sleep, but Microsoft’s Bing is slowly inching closer to the undisputed search king in US search volume. In April, Bing powered 30.01% of all US web searches. Searches performed through Bing.com gained 6% month-over-month while overall “Bing-powered” searches rose 5%. This figure represents a gain of 11% compared to April 2011. The number of Google searches fell an equal 11% during the same period, but only 3% over the last month. Google continues to command a dominant 64.42% of U.S. search volume as April. To the delight of no one, and potentially eroding its recent gains, Bing announced plans to follow in Google’s footsteps by unveiling a more social redesign of its site in the coming weeks. [Source Experian]