- Windows XP (original, Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2)
- Skype version 3.0 or later
- 256MB or more of RAM
- At least 5MB of free disk space
- A broadband connection to the Internet.
How to Install
- Make sure you have Skype version 3.0 installed. Click here to get it.
- In Skype's Tools menu, choose Do More > Manage Extras
- Click Sharing in the left sidebar. If you don't see the Pando Extra in there, click the Options link at the bottom of the sidebar. Under the Gallery Updates tab, click Update Now. Now check in the Sharing section. You should see the Pando Extra.
- Click the green arrow in the Pando Extra box. The installer for the Pando Extra and the Pando application will begin downloading.
- Agree to the terms of the license agreement (if you do). Check the box and click the Yes button. The installation will complete.
When Pando is installed the following directories are created on your computer:
- c:\prog files\pando networks\pando This stores the Pando Application and related files
- c:\CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA\Pando\Pando Files\ This stores the pando.save file and copies of all .pando files.
- A directory called "My Pando Packages" is created in your "My Documents" directory. This is where your Pando Packages and downloaded files will be kept.
Once the Pando Extra is installed, the Pando application will run in the background. If you want to quit the Pando application, click the Pando icon in your system tray, and choose Shut Down Pando.
- In Skype's Tools menu, choose Do More > Manage Extras. If it's not already selected, click My Plug-ins in the left sidebar.
- In Pando's section, click on the Menu button.
- Select Uninstall from the list.
- It will ask if you really want to remove Pando. Click Yes to continue removing Pando Extra.
- A second requester will ask if you want to remove the Pando application. Click No.
Uninstalling the Pando application
If you uninstall the Pando application before you uninstall the Pando Extra, the Pando Extra will be disabled even though it will still appear in Skype Extras Manager. If you want to uninstall the Pando Extra and the Pando application, the best way is to follow the instructions above, and in Step 5, click Yes. However, if you have already uninstalled the Pando Extra and now wish to uninstall Pando, do the following:
- Make sure Pando is shut down. (To shut down the Pando application click the Pando icon in your system tray and select "Shut Down Pando" from the menu.)
- Click Start, point to Settings, then click Control Panel. (In Windows XP, click Start, then click Control Panel.)
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Pando.
- Click Remove