Facebook IPO: The Facts
As they come in (the technosphere looks like this right now), we will be posting short snippets of important news about the Facebook IPO here on this post. So far, here's what we've got.
- Raising $5 billion.
- Mark owns over 25% of the company, making him worth roughly $25 billion on paper.
- There are 854 million users, with half logging on every day.
- Zynga accounts for 12.5 percent of Facebook's revenue.
- Facebook will likely see revenue decline, as they reach higher market penetration.
- COO Sheryl Sandberg made $32 million last year (and the shareholder breakdown).
- The letter from Mark Zuckerberg, on the IPO.
- Facebook does not plan on entering China.
- Facebook revenue over time and income over time.
- It will be a "controlled company".
- Although MG tried to stay away, he couldn't: 1, 2, 3
- Mobile monthly active users grew 21% over the last four months
- Facebook spent 68 million on acquisitions last year