Meet Dreamit Ventures Philly's New Class of Startups
Dreamit Ventures, the accelerator network with branches in New York, Philadelphia, Tel Aviv and now Austin, has announced its latest class of startups for its home branch--Philadelphia. The Fall session for this class of 14 companies kicks off today.
Dreamit has been in the accelerator business since 2007, graduating startups such as Adaptly, Mindsnacks, Tripl and ShowMe. The company's New York summer session graduated several weeks ago with lots of consumer Internet startups focused on fine wine, relationship help and digital assistants. DreamIt was named number 15 in a recent ranking of accelerator programs by Tech Cocktail and DFJ Mercury. The study takes qualified financing activity, qualified exits, reputation with VCs, size of the alumni network, equity taken, and stipend provided into account.
Check out the Philly class, as self-described, below:
- Altair Prep, Philadelphia, PA: Dynamic, performance-based homework platform to analyze learning trends and customize curricula.
- Applique, New York, NY: Making building iPhone and iPad Apps as easy as using PowerPoint.
- Betterific, Washington, DC: Crowdsourcing platform for consumers to submit ideas and suggestions to improve products and brands.
- brandREP.me, Los Angeles, CA: Crowdsourcing brand marketing campaigns to student brand advocates.
- Brideside, Chicago, IL: Discover, pick and purchase bridesmaids dresses.
- CallGrader, Denver, CO: Collect marketing analytics and rich data off the phone calls.
- Charlie, Chicago, IL: Just-in-time delivery of critical information on your contacts.
- CloudConfidence, Philadelphia, PA: Analytics-driven cloud monitoring and management platform.
- FlagTap, San Francisco, CA: Increase engagement by easily creating and managing on-site reward offers. Users aggregate reward points from all sites in the FlagTap network and redeem them in the FlagTap store.
- mor.sl, Washington, DC: A personalized recipe recommendation platform based on your tastes, allergies and cooking skill.
- Peeractive, Sydney, Australia: Addictive social commerce technology that uses real-time analytics to engage shoppers and drive impulsive purchases.
- The Whoot, New York, NY: Short-term social planning for the night ahead.
- Tripkno, New York, NY: Social, e-commerce travel guide that modernizes the way travelers find things to do.
- Zenkars, Philadelphia, PA: Online retailer of used cars that offers a new & peaceful buying experience.
The class's demo day will be December 5.